You will need:
• A Swab • Reeds • A reed guard • Medium key oil • Clean cloth • Cork grease
• End plug • Neckstrap • Mouthpiece brush • Mouthpiece cap
• Apply a small amount of cork grease to your cork
• Always use your neckstrap when playing your saxophone
• Store your mouthpiece in its mouthpiece cap
• Store your reeds in a reed guard when they are not being used
• Swab your saxophone when you are done playing it
• Put the end plug in the top of the saxophone body before putting the saxophone in its case
Lightly wipe down the keys and body to remove any fingerprints.
• Oil keys! We highly recommend using a medium key oil that comes in a needle oiler, such as Hetman Medium Key Oil #17. Apply one drop of oil between each key and post, then press the keys a few times to work the oil in.
• Check your cork to make sure it is not coming loose or starting to tear. If it is, bring it to the shop.
• Clean your mouthpiece using your mouthpiece brush, warm water and a mild soap, such as Dawn or Palmolive.
• Bring your instrument in to the shop to make sure it is in top working order. We will provide a free estimate and let you know what, if anything, needs to be done to your instrument to keep it functioning at its best.